Chicago Architecture Foundation
Chicago Architecture Foundation Events
Chicago Architecture Foundation Information
Varies depending on tour
When to Go:
Open every day. CAF River Cruise aboard Chicago’s First Lady runs April to November
Enjoy boat, bus, trolley, walking or "L" train tours at the Chicago Architecture Foundation
- Tour Chicago by boat, bus, trolley, walking or "L" train—including the Chicago Architecture Foundation River Cruise aboard Chicago's First Lady Cruises.
- The Chicago Architecture Foundation (CAF) is a nonprofit cultural institution that serves more than 500,000 people each year through tours, exhibitions, educational programs and more.
224 South Michigan Ave
Chicago, IL 60604
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Chicago Architecture Foundation Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Chicago Architecture Foundation Hotel
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the attraction, but category representations. Visit the attraction's web site for actual photos.
Chicago Architecture Foundation
Do you agree?
Tour Chicago by boat, walking, trolley or even “L” train, including the Chicago Architecture Foundation River Cruise aboard Chicago’s First Lady Cruises. CAF is the “#1 thing to do in Chicago” (US News and World Report).
Features: Experience what U.S. News and World Report named the "#1 best thing to do in Chicago." The Chicago Architecture Foundation (CAF) offers more than 85 different walking, boat, bus, bike, Segway and L train tours. The CAF River Cruise aboard Chicago's First Lady, rated 5 out of 5 stars on TripAdvisor, departs multiple times a day from April to November. Walking and bus tours depart year-round.
All of CAF's tours are led by highly-trained volunteer docent guides who are passionate about showcasing the architecture and history of this beautiful city. Since CAF is a nonprofit cultural institution, tours also support the organization's exhibitions, youth education and adult programming. For more information, visit architecture.org.
Why We Go: The Chicago Architecture Foundation (CAF) offers dozens of tour options 362 days a year. From the historic to the modern, CAF’s fun tours cover every aspect of Chicago’s architecture and culture.
- Amazing options: Tour by boat, bus, walking, bike, trolley, Segway or even “L” train.
- Great guides: CAF’s docent guides are certified experts on Chicago and provide lots of fun facts and anecdotes during your tour.
- Support a nonprofit: CAF is a nonprofit cultural organization, so proceeds from tours support learning initiatives for thousands of adults and children each year.
Inside Knowledge: The Chicago Architecture Foundation (CAF) has tours on famous architects like Frank Lloyd Wright and even offers free exhibitions like the Chicago Model.
- Do book in advance: Chicago Architecture Foundation tours can sell out, particularly in the summer, so make sure you book in advance at architecture.org/tours.
- Don't forget to bring your camera: You will want to take lots of pictures on your CAF tour! CAF even offers a special Photography Cruise on Saturdays and Sundays at 9am.
- Do Visit CAF’s gift shop: After your tour, check out the Chicago Architecture Foundation’s gift shop with unique Chicago-themed gifts and souvenirs, including books, home décor, jewelry and building toys like LEGO.
- Do get a bird’s eye view of the city: Visit the FREE Chicago Model at CAF. The model contains more than 1,100 scale buildings in the downtown Chicago area.