Cuneo Museum and Gardens
Cuneo Museum and Gardens Events
Cuneo Museum and Gardens Information
Tours on Fridays-Sundays: 11:30am, 1pm and 2.30pm
When to Go:
Every year in December the Cuneo Museum and Gardens is turned into a holiday wonderland
- Tour the beautiful house and grounds of the Cuneo Museum and Gardens
- Learn about the history of the Cuneo Museum Chicago
1350 N. Milwaukee Avenue
Vernon Hills, IL 60061
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 1 review
5.0 out of 5 Stars
100.0% recommended it
Cuneo Museum and Gardens Reviews
Cuneo Museum and Gardens Photos
Cuneo Museum and Gardens Hotel
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the attraction, but category representations. Visit the attraction's web site for actual photos.
Cuneo Museum and Gardens
Do you agree?
Cuneo Museum and Gardens Chicago is Beautiful and Historical
- Adult Price$10.00
- Senior Price$9.00
- Student Price$9.00
Features: Cuneo Museum and Gardens is located in Vernon Hills, Illinois. This mansion was built in 1914 and purchased by John Cuneo in 1937. The mansion, with its opulent Venetian style architecture, features a 40-foot high great hall with arcaded balconies, sky lighted ceiling and grand staircase. Noteworthy are the double formal dining rooms, private chapel with exquisite stained glass windows and the wonderful frescoed ceilings. The walls of the indoor swimming pool are in travertine marble.
Guests at the Cuneo Museum Chicago will enjoy seeing fine old master paintings, 17th century tapestries, a custom made gilt grand piano, and an outstanding collection of oriental rugs, sculpture, and silver. Featured in the porcelain gallery is a magnificent collection of Capodimonte porcelain.
The grounds comprise 75 serene acres with lakes, fountains, formal gardens, antique classical statuary, a private 9-hole golf course and a conservatory housing exotic plants.
Why We Go: This is a must see for anyone that appreciates art and culture. Guests will love the huge collection of fine art and tapestries as well as the stunning, well manicured grounds.
- Great Value: With tickets ranging $9-$10, the Cuneo Museum Chicago is a top value Chicago attraction
- Historical: History buffs will enjoy learning about the mansion and the story behind the Cuneo Museum Chicago.
- Scenic: Cuneo Museum and Gardens are an absolute feast for the eyes, decorated and maintained lavishly both inside and out.
Inside Knowledge: The Cuneo Museum Vernon Hills hosts top music acts and tribute bands in the summer, so be sure to check their Web site to see what's on.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Plan your Visit: The Cuneo Gardens Chicago is almost an hour's drive away from downtown Chicago, so you will want to plan your day accordingly.
- Do Explore the Area: The Cuneo Gardens Chicago is only a 5 minute drive away from Macarthur Woods Lake County Forest Preserve, which is great for fishing and hiking.
- Don't Go if you Dislike Tours: There are only guided tours available at the Cuneo Museum and Gardens, so if you prefer self-guided tours this probably isn't the best Chicago attraction for you.
- Don't Forget to Check What's On: Lectures and classes are held throughout the year at Cuneo Museum Vernon Hills, so be sure to check what's on before you go.