Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio
Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio Events
Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio Information
11am - 4pm
When to Go:
The home and studio is stunning all year round but the surrounding grounds and town are most beautiful in the spring
The Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio is strictly guided tours only, self-guided tours are only allowed in his gardens.
- Tour the legendary architect Frank Lloyd's Wright personal home and studio.
- Learn about his life and architectural techniques.
- See for yourself the place where Wright first became a household name at the Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio.
951 Chicago Avenue
Oak Park, IL 60302
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio Photos
Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio Hotel
Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio
Do you agree?
BOOK NOW to save on the Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio Tour with the Go Chicago Card!
- Adult Price$15.00
- Child Price$12.00
Features: More than one hundred years ago, Frank Lloyd Wright sparked an architectural revolution with the opening of his Oak Park studio. The Home and Studio is one of two museum sites maintained by The Frank Lloyd Wright Preservation Trust. Through its restoration and preservation efforts and many programs, the not-for-profit Preservation Trust presents Wright's structures, as well as his architectural and artistic principles, to a worldwide audience.
Wright added a studio to his personal Oak Park residence in 1898 and thereafter this complex served as Wright's architectural laboratory until 1909. Here he conceived the Prairie style of architecture, testing ideas that found their fullest expression in many of the surrounding homes he designed for clients.
The restoration of the Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio was an intensive, meticulous effort that spanned 13 years and took $3 million to complete. Now open to the public as an historic house museum, the building has been restored to its 1909 appearance, the last year Wright lived and worked on the property. In 1987, the American Institute of Architects recognized this exemplary restoration effort with a prestigious National Honor award. This top historic site in Chicago is one you don't want to miss.
Why We Go: This gorgeous and educational Chicago attraction allows the Chicago traveler to experience the home and studio of the iconic architect Frank Lloyd Wright.
- Informative Tours: Guided tours at the Frank Lloyd Wright Museum Chicago allow the visitors to really learn about Wright's life and work.
- Location: Not only was Wright's home here, but he designed many homes in the surrounding area. Visitors get to see a wide variety of his work and designs nearby.
- Top Attraction: The Frank Lloyd Wright Museum Chicago is one of Chicago's most popular and greatly visited attractions.
Inside Knowledge: Although the home offers guided tours only, the Chicago Museum Frank Lloyd Wright also offers a walking tour of the historic district which has the option of a traditional or self-guided tour.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Stay for the Day: As well as the tour at Chicago Museum Frank Lloyd Wright, tours of other homes this great architech designed can be seen at the guided or self-guided historic district tour.
- Do Explore the Area: Oak Park not only hosts a tour de force of Wright's work, but it is a stunning town with much to see and be explored.
- Don't Expect Food On-Site: The Frank Lloyd Wright Museum Chicago doesn't have an on-site restaurant, but there are many lunch options nearby in Oak Park.
- Don't Bring your Pooch: Dogs are not allowed at the Frank Lloyd Wright Museum Chicago.