Lincoln Park Zoo
Lincoln Park Zoo Events
Lincoln Park Zoo Information
November-March: 10am-4.30pm, April-May: 10am-5pm, May 29-September 6, Weekdays: 10am-5pm, Weekends: 10am-6.30pm, September 7-October: 10am-5pm
When to Go:
Free admission makes this top Chicago attraction great to visit anytime of the year
Enjoy summer concerts at Jammin' at the Zoo
- FREE: This amazing family friendly zoo is free all year round, making it a must stop for the Chicago traveler.
- Central: The Lincoln Park Zoo is located in the historic Lincoln Park, which is within walking distance or a short bus/cab journey from many other top Chicago attractions and hotels.
- Variety: This zoo has a wide and diverse selection of species, featuring over 1200 animals all year round.
2200 N Cannon Dr
Chicago, IL 60614
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 1 review
4.5 out of 5 Stars
100.0% recommended it
Lincoln Park Zoo Reviews
Lincoln Park Zoo Photos
Lincoln Park Zoo Hotel
Lincoln Park Zoo
Do you agree?
Lincoln Park Zoo Chicago is free and fun for all the family
This activity is FREE!
Features: Lincoln Park Zoo, located in Chicago, is among the oldest zoological gardens in the country (established in 1868) and is also among the most modern. A premier Chicago attraction, Lincoln Park Zoo each year welcomes more than three million visitors, providing them with remarkable educational experiences as well as fun and enjoyment. Its intimate setting enables guests, young and old alike, to experience the thrill of gazing directly into the eyes of a lowland gorilla and standing toe to toe with grazing giraffes. Famous also for its historical structures, the zoo has succeeded at combining state-of-the-art animal and visitor facilities with beautiful architectural reflections of past times and sensibilities.
As Lincoln Park continues to evolve into one of the finest zoos worldwide, the one element that will not change is its admission policy: Lincoln Park Zoo stands as one of the last free major cultural institutions in the United States and the only one left in Chicago. The Zoo is open 365 days a year.
In addition to observing all of the wonderful animals, Lincoln Park Zoo features its SBC Endangered Species Carousel ride, paddle boat and swan boat rides, the LPZOO Express train ride, the 4-D Virtual Safari simulator and a Safari Audio Tour. Note that there is a small fee for each of these specialty attractions. The Zoo also offers a variety of dining options and two gift shops.
Why We Go: The Lincoln Park Zoo is fun for all the family. This ideally located top Chicago attraction is not only free but has an amazing and wide ranging selection of animals.
- Perfect for Families: Not only will the animals entertain the whole family, but bonus attractions include the AT&T Endangered Species Carousel and a children's train ride (these rides are priced between $2.50 - $2.75 a ticket per person)
- Great Location: Situated within the historic Lincoln Park Chicago, feel free to stroll through this idyllic park during your visit.
- Top Events: Popular with tourists and locals, events such as Jammin' at the Zoo and ZooLights make a trip to the zoo extra special.
Inside Knowledge: Although admission is free at the Lincoln Park Chicago Zoo, parking is very pricey starting at $17 after 30 minutes. Walking, taking a bus or taxi may be a more cost effective choice.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Stay for Lunch: Lincoln Park Chicago Zoo features several restaurants, cafes and snack kiosks.
- Do Shop for Gifts: The Wild Things! gift shop offers a great variety of gifts for yourself or to take home to those that missed out on a fun day at the Lincoln Park Chicago.
- Don't Forget to Explore the Park: Located within the historical Lincoln Park, make sure to explore the seven mile park featuring museums and stunning botanical gardens.
- Don't Go Late: The zoo doesn't open late into the evening, so plan your trip to this Zoo in Chicago accordingly.