Oriental Institute Museum
Oriental Institute Museum Events
Oriental Institute Museum Information
Tues, Thurs- Sat 10am- 6pm, Wed 10am- 8:30pm, Sun 12pm- 6pm
When to Go:
Revolving Exhibitions makes the Oriental Institute Museum fun all year round
The Oriental Institute Museum is closed January 1; July 4; Thanksgiving Day; and December 25.
The Oriental Institute Museum is closed on Mondays.
- The Oriental Museum Chicago is always free.
- The Oriental Institute Chicago is fascinating for tourists and culture vultures alike.
- Located at the University of Chicago, the Oriental Museum Chicago is a great place to stop by when touring the University's stunning grounds.
1155 E 58th St
Chicago, IL 60637
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Oriental Institute Museum Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Oriental Institute Museum Photos
Oriental Institute Museum Hotel
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the attraction, but category representations. Visit the attraction's web site for actual photos.
Oriental Institute Museum
Do you agree?
Oriental Museum Institute Chicago is a free and fun Chicago attraction
This activity is FREE!
Features: A favorite Chicago history museum in Hyde Park, the Oriental Museum Chicago celebrates the heritage, archaeology and culture of the ancient Near East. Featuring hundreds of historical artifacts and exhibitions, the Chicago Oriental Museum is a top cultural museum at the University of Chicago.
Why We Go: This fascinating showcase of art and archaeology of the Near East is not only educational but immensely fascinating.
- Top Value: This educational Chicago venue is a free attraction in Hyde Park.
- Tours: Tours of the Oriental Museum Chicago are available most days. Check online for availability.
- Cultural Attraction: Enjoy a cultural day out in Chicago at this educational and historical museum.
Inside Knowledge: The Chicago Oriental Museum is located within the University of Chicago campus. Prospective parents and students can enjoy this free Chicago museum while touring the prestigious Chicago university.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Take Your Time: There is much to see and read at the Chicago Oriental Museum, so take your time to take in all that the exhibitions have to offer.
- Do Enjoy the Location: The Oriental Museum Chicago is nestled in the heart of the prestigious University of Chicago campus.
- Don't Forget the Kids: Although fairly academic in nature, kids will enjoy taking in the interesting exhibitis explaining the prolific history of this ancient civilization.
- Don't Forget to Check the Calendar: The Chicago Oriental Museum regularly hosts events such as free movies, so be sure check their online calendar beforehand to see what's on.