Chicago Holiday Attractions Map
The Chicago holiday attractions map gives holiday vacationers in Chicago an idea of the best attractions and events during that special time of year. Holiday Chicago attractions bring out the spirit of the holidays in Downtown Chicago, and few cities in America are as festive in December as Chi-City. Check out some of the best seasonal Chicago attractions below.
- The Christkindl Market at the Daley Plaza in Downtown Chicago is a highlight of the Chicago holiday attractions map that attracts local vendors from around the city. Find handmade gifts, Chicago souvenirs and more at this holiday tradition in Chicago.
- The Winter Arts and Crafts Expo is located in the North Chicago suburb of Evanston, and is a month-long celebration of the arts with a holiday theme at the Evanston Art Center.
- The Metropolis Performing Arts Center near Arlington Heights outside of Chicago hosts a number of family friendly events on the Chicago holiday attractions map, including their traditional performance of A Christmas Carol each December.
Chicago Ice Skating
Ice Skating Rinks in Chicago
In a city as ice cold as Chicago in the Winter months, it's no surprise that a number of seasonal Chicago attractions center around outdoor ice skating. A popular holiday tradition in Chicago, ice skating rinks in Chicago can be found throughout the Chicago holiday attractions map.
- Grant Park Ice Skating: Strap on your skates, pack warm clothes and hot chocolate, and skate for free at the Grant Park Skating rink in Chicago. Located in Chicago's biggest park Downtown, the Grant Park Skating rink is one of the most popular holiday Chicago attractions, and is open from the end of November to the end of February, weather permitting.
- Millennium Park Skating Rink: Just north of Grant Park, the Millennium Ice Skating rink is located in the McCormick Place Plaza and measures over 16,000 square feet. The Millennium Park rink is open until early March, admission is free and skate rentals are available on-site.
Festival of Lights
The Chicago holiday attractions map also showcases some of the most beautiful light festivals of any city in America. Each year, the Windy City decks itself out in colorful light patterns that truly inspire the festive emotions commonly associated with the holidays. Light festival highlights include:
- The Magnificent Mile Lights Festival: Another annual traditional each season on the Chicago holiday attractions map, the Magnificent Mile Lights Festival begins the weekend before Thanksgiving each year. Over one million lights are wrapped around the trees lining either side of this famous Chicago street, making for one of the most picturesque scenes in Chicago.
- ZooLights at Lincoln Park Zoo: The admission-free Lincoln Park Zoo in Chicago lights up the Chicago sky in a similar fashion. From the end of November to the beginning of January, the Chicago zoo in Lincoln Park adds a nighttime dimension to this favorite Chicago attraction, and reserves a seat for the big red guy - yes, we mean Santa.
Progressive Dining Tour Located in The Loop offoffoffoffCulturaloffHistoricHoliday FunoffNightlifeSights of ChicagoRomanticScenicoffoffoff
Willis Tower Located in The Loop offoffoffoffoffoffoffoffoffoffSights of Chicagooffoffoffoffoff
Children's Museum Located in Gold Coast offArtsyoffoffCulturalFamily FriendlyHistoricoffMuseumoffSights of Chicagooffoffoffoffoff
The Chicago holiday attractions map allows tourists on vacation in Chicago this December to locate the most popular holiday events and attractions. There are dozens of holiday traditions in Chicago, each seemingly more scenic and festive than the last.
Enjoy a decent workout or a casual stroll with your significant other on the temporary ice skating rinks set up each holiday season at Grant and Millennium Parks in Downtown Chicago. Both Chicago skating rinks offer free admission to the general public, and can be visited from late-November to early-March each year.
Take in the beautiful lights of Downtown Chicago on the Magnificent Mile for unparalleled holiday scenery, then follow it up with a traditional holiday show at The Chicago Theatre in The Loop.
For more information on the most impressive attractions, events and Chicago shows during the holiday season, use our interactive Chicago holiday attractions map to plan your upcoming holiday vacation in Chicago. Chicago Traveler can help you find all the holiday events in Chicago to really do the season justice!
Take advantage of all the current Chicago hotel deals so you can save big and stay near all the best things to do in Chicago this season! There are presents to be bought this season, so don't overpay on your stay! Many Chicago hotels offer holiday packages with complimentary tickets to the special things to do throughout the holidays, discounted rates on rooms, dining and more and even admission to top Chicago attractions!
Chicago Holiday Savings
To see even more Chicago holiday attractions on your trip without having to dip into the Christmas fund, Chicago Traveler has some special savings perfect for this time of year! The Chicago Holiday Fun Pass can save you 36% on some of the best things to do in Chicago over the holidays, including:
- Hop on Hop off Trolley - don't worry, it's heated!
- Lincoln Park Zoo - enjoy all the Christmas decorations that fill the zoo this time of year!
- Museums of Science and Industry - Celebrate Christmas Around the World!
- Enjoy the views from the John Hancock Observatory
- Art Institute of Chicago
- Chicago Children's Museum
- Brookfield Zoo