Steppenwolf Chicago Theatre
Steppenwolf Chicago Theatre Events
Steppenwolf Chicago Theatre Information
Box Office: Mon.- Sat. 11am- 5pm & Sun. 1pm- 5pm
When to Go:
Young Adult Shows Available
North/Clybourn (Red Line)
Advance Ticket Purchase Recommended
- The Steppenwolf Chicago Theatre Company was founded in 1974 by Gary Sinise, Jeff Perry and Terry Kinney.
- Regarded as one of the best Chicago theatre companies, Steppenwolf Chicago Theatre has won a number of Tony Awards for their original performances over the years.
- Steppenwolf Chicago Theatre ticket prices are reasonable and their is an on-site Chicago bar open before the show and during intermission.
1650 N Halsted St
Chicago, IL 60614
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 1 review
3.5 out of 5 Stars
100.0% recommended it
Steppenwolf Chicago Theatre Reviews
Not what you were looking for?
Search by artist, venue, or event!
Steppenwolf Chicago Theatre Photos
Steppenwolf Chicago Theatre Hotel
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the attraction, but category representations. Visit the attraction's web site for actual photos.
Steppenwolf Chicago Theatre
Do you agree?
Iconic Chicago Theatre at Lincoln Park
- Adult Price$10.00
- Child Price$20.00
Features: The Steppenwolf Chicago Theatre in Lincoln Park is one of the most celebrated theaters in Chicago. This award-winning ensemble was founded in 1974 by Gary Sinise, Jeff Perry and Terry Kinney, and has produced some of the best Chicago plays of all-time, including The Grapes of Wrath and August: Osage County.
Why We Go: The Steppenwolf Theatre in Chicago regularly features some of the best Chicago shows, and gives theatre enthusiasts the chance to see famous actors performing in an intimate atmosphere.
- Great Ensemble: The decorated ensemble that makes up the Steppenwolf Theatre Company includes famous actors like John Malkovich, Joan Allen and Gary Cole.
- Past Plays: Many Chicago locals claim to have never seen a bad play at the Steppenwolf Chicago Theatre, and with past productions on their resume like Whose Afraid of Virginia Wolff? and Orson's Shadow, we'd be hard-pressed to argue with them.
- Reasonable Ticket Prices: Ticket prices at the Steppwenwolf Theatre range anywhere between $20 and $50, and same-day theatre prices are occasionally available at the Steppenwolf Theatre Company Box Office.
Inside Knowledge: If you're on vacation in Chicago with teenagers or adolescents, the Steppenwolf Chicago Theatre has a Young Adult season in which they showcase great Chicago theatre events for families and teachers. Check the Chicago events calendar on Chicago Traveler for more information on up-coming family friendly events in Chicago.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Order an Intermission Drink: Purchase a drink from the on-site Chicago bar before the show, and the friendly bartender at the Steppenwolf Chicago Theatre will give you the opportunity to buy your intermission drinks, which will then be waiting for you during the brief performance intermission.
- Do Take Advantage of Specials: Chicago show deals at the Steppenwolf Chicago Theatre include their last-minute Rush, which sells remaining tickets for same-day Chicago theatre performances at $20 starting at 1pm the day of the show. (Availability varies, but it's certainly worth calling this top Chicago theatre venue.)
- Don't Skip the Nearby Restaurants: Popular Chicago restaurants close to the Steppenwolf Chicago Theatre include the Adobo Grill for some of the best Mexican food in Chicago, and the Trattoria Gianni Chicago is a popular Italian restaurant in Chicago.
- Don't Forget to Dress Up: The Steppenwolf Chicago Theatre is a classy Chicago attraction in Lincoln Park, so you'll want to dress up in a business casual manner when you visit this popular Chicago theatre.