Chicago History Museum
Chicago History Museum Events
Chicago History Museum Information
Monday - Saturday: 9:30am-4:30pm, Sunday: 12pm-5pm
When to Go:
With regularly changing exhbitions, this museum is fun all year round
- The Chicago History Museum is the oldest cultural institution in Chicago
- This top Chicago attraction is located in the tourist friendly Lincoln Park.
- The History Museum Chicago allows you to learn everything there is to know about the history of this great city.
1601 N Clark St
Chicago, IL 60614
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Chicago History Museum Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Chicago History Museum Photos
Chicago History Museum Hotel
Chicago History Museum
Do you agree?
BOOK NOW to save on admission with the Go Chicago Card!
- Adult Price$14.00
- Senior Price$12.00
- Student Price$12.00
Features: The Chicago History Museum allows you to learn all about the History of Chicago. Formerly known as the Chicago Historical Society, it is a must-see for all Chicago natives and visitors. The city’s oldest cultural institution, the Museum is all new after completing a nine month renovation in September 2006.
The Museum’s permanent exhibition, Chicago: Crossroads of America, explores the city’s economy, crises, innovation, neighborhoods, and entertainment. Visitors entering the exhibition are greeted by ‘L’ Car No. 1, the city’s first elevated train car. The Museum also installed its first Children’s Gallery, where kids can explore Chicago’s history using their five senses. Additional highlights include a Costume and Textile Gallery that showcases the Museum’s premier costume collection, and installation throughout the building, including a 1978 Chevy Monte Carlo custom low-rider and Lincoln’s death bed, and artifacts from Chicago’s two world’s fairs.
Why We Go: This family friendly Chicago destination has all you need for a fun and educational day out. The Chicago History Museum offers some amazing exhibits and collections which will allow you to learn all about America's windiest city.
- Educational: The Chicago History Museum has multiple, regularly changing exhibitions that are educational and entertaining.
- Discount Days: Chicago History Museum offers free admission to Illinois residents on the following days: Mon. 7/4, Tues. 8/23, Wed. 8/24, Mon. 9/12 - Fri. 9/16, Mon. 9/19-Fri. 9/23, Mon. 9/26 - Fri. 9/30, Mon. 10/3 - Fri. 10/7, and Mon. 10/10 - Thurs. 10/13. Illinoise discount days replace free Mondays to allow more flexibility for residents.
- Fun for all the Family: This Chicago museum offers interactive exhibitions designed for kids.
Inside Knowledge: The History Museum Chicago is located in Lincoln Park, which is near many top Chicago attractions, such as the free Lincoln Park Zoo.
Do's and Don'ts:
Do Use the audio tour: All tickets come with a useful and informative audio tour so get the most out of your visit to the Chicago Museum of History by listening in.
Do Stay for Lunch: An on-site restaurant is provided at the Chicago Museum of History.
Don't Ignore the Location: The History Museum Chicago is located within the historic and stunning Linoln Park - so make sure you explore this gorgeous park during your visit.
Don't Forget the Kids: The Chicago History Museum is very kids friendly with interactive exhibitions and kids under 12 get free admission.