Hawthorn Center Events
Hawthorn Center Information
Mon.- Sat. 10am- 9pm & Sun. 11am- 6pm
When to Go:
Arrive early on weekends for parking
- The Hawthorn Center Mall is a popular suburban shopping mall located about an hour north of Downtown Chicago.
- Flagship stores at the Hawthorn Mall near Chicago include JCPenney, Macy's and Sears.
- There are nearly two dozen Chicago dining options at this popular Chicago attraction for those that love to shop.
122 Hawthorn Center
Vernon Hills, IL 60061
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Hawthorn Center Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Hawthorn Center Photos
Hawthorn Center Hotel
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the attraction, but category representations. Visit the attraction's web site for actual photos.
Do you agree?
Sprawling Shopping Mall in Vernon Hills is an Hour North of chicago
This activity is FREE!
Features: Hawthorn Shopping Center, located in Vernon Hills north of Chicago, features Macy's, Carson Pirie Scott, JCPenney, Sears, and 140 specialty stores featuring apparel for men, women and children, gifts, electronics, home furnishings, jewelery, sporting goods, toys and much more. Services include hair salons, travel agency, shoe repair, photo studios, just to name a few. Dining options include a food court or full service restaurants - John's Garage and Ruby Tuesday. The Imagination Castle is a free play area for children.
Just north of the shopping mall, you'll find the the Cuneo Museum and Gardens, which features a 1914 mansion with 75-acres of lakes, fountains, formal gardens, a conservatory of exotic plants and a 9-hole golf course.
Why We Go: The Hawthorn Mall Vernon Hills has all of your favorite Chicago stores and shops in one convenient area, and they regularly feature some of the best Chicago shopping specials around.
- Fashionable Stores: The Hawthorn Center features fashionable clothing stores for both men and women, including trendy Chicago shops like Banana Republic, New York & Company and Cache.
- Easy Parking: While the weekends and holidays are considerably more busy, there is generally ample free parking at the Hawthorn Center during the weekdays.
- Dining Options: While most of the Chicago restaurants at the Hawthorn Vernon Hills Mall are your typical food fare, sit-down eateries like McCarthy's Irish Pub and Restaurant offer a tasty refuge from the hustle and bustle of Chicago shopping.
Inside Knowledge: The Summer Sidwalk Sale at the Hawthorn Center takes place the second weekend of July annually, and provides shoppers with the best Chicago shopping deals of the season.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Bring the Kids: Save money on a babysitter and bring the kids along on your trip to this popular shopping mall near Chicago. Kids can enjoy a ride on the Hawthorn Express Train, and the Imagination Castle will give them a chance to burn some energy in a fun and friendly atmosphere.
- Do Shop Around: With dozens of Chicago stores to choose from at the Hawthorn Center Mall near Chicago, you'll be inspired to shop around for the best shopping deals Chicago in this massive Illinois shopping center.
- Don't Go On Holidays: Avoid the stress and lack of parking by getting your holiday shopping done well in advance at the Hawthorn Mall Vernon Hills.
- Don't Miss the Department Stores: The "Big Five" stores at the Hawthorn Mall Vernon Hills have basically every household or apparel item you might be looking for, and include Carson Pirie Scott and Furniture Gallery, JCPenney, Macy's and Sears.