Lyric Opera of Chicago
Lyric Opera of Chicago Events
Lyric Opera of Chicago Information
Mon - Fri: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm, Sat: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Sun: Closed (Unless there is a matinee - 10:00 am - matinee curtain)
When to Go:
Evening performances and shows.
Washington/Wells (Brown, Orange, Pink and Purple Lines)
- The Lyric Opera of Chicago was founded in 1954 and was one of Chicago's very first opera theaters.
- With 3, 563 seats, the Chicago Lyric Opera is the second largest opera house in the United States.
- Many famous opera singers, including Luciano Pavarotti and Dame Kiri Te Kanawa have performed at the Lyric Opera Chicago.
- Boasting a repertoire of 8 different operas, the Lyric Opera Chicago season begins in October and runs through to the end of March.
20 N. Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60606
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Lyric Opera of Chicago Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Lyric Opera of Chicago Photos
Lyric Opera of Chicago Hotel
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the attraction, but category representations. Visit the attraction's web site for actual photos.
Lyric Opera of Chicago
Do you agree?
Catch one of the 8 operas during the Lyric Opera of Chicago's 5 month season,
Features: Located in the heart of Chicago, the Lyric Opera of Chicago has been a leader in premium Chicago entertainment for more than 50 years. During that time, the Chicago Opera has hosted a number of visiting opera and dance companies, as well as touring operettas, musical shows, and many orchestral, dance, and vocal concerts.
The Lyric Opera Chicago building is a majestic limestone skyscraper with a 45-story office tower and two 22-story wings. Shaped like a gigantic throne facing the Chicago River between Washington and Madison streets, it was completed after just 22 months of planning and construction.
Why We Go: With 8 different operas each season, there is always something on at the Lyric Opera of Chicago. The stunning costumes, amazing sets, and talented performers ensure that you'll see some top-notch Chicago entertainment. And with 3, 563 seats, the Chicago Opera is the second largest opera house in the United States.
- Student Tickets: Students are available to purchase significantly discounted tickets at Chicago Lyric Opera when they sign up online with NExT discount ticket program. Regular tickets can cost hundreds of dollars, but students are able to snag them for a mere $20. Now that's a great Chicago deal!
- Membership Benefits: Those who subscribe to be a part of the Lyric Opera of Chicago are eligible for member discounts, exclusive offers, reserved seating, and big savings on every opera ticket purchased.
Inside Knowledge: If for some reason you are unable to attend a performance, the Chicago Lyric Opera gives you the option of donating your tickets back to the theater so that they are able to be resold. Ticket holders also have the option of exchanging their tickets for an alternative date or show time. Contact the Lyric Opera of Chicago for more information on ticket exchanges.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Catch a Pre-Show Lecture: As part of their guest services program, the Chicago Lyric Opera offers a free 30-minute lecture on the evening's opera that begins one hour before the show.
- Do Visit the OperaShop: Perfect for the Opera enthusiast, the Lyric Opera of Chicago's OperaShop has a great selection of upmarket items, including logo apparel, books, and collectibles.
- Don't Go Hungry: There are two gourmet restaurants at Lyric Opera Chicago, each serving up mouthwatering fare. The Florian Opera Bistro offers a great selection of soups, salads, and sandwiches, while the Sarah and Peer Pedersen Room has an upscale prix-fixe dining menu.
- Don't Be Late: The Chicago Lyric Opera opens 75 minutes prior to show time, and shows start promptly. Guests who are late to the opera will not be admitted until intermission.