Museum of Contemporary Art
Museum of Contemporary Art Events
Museum of Contemporary Art Information
Tue 10 am - 8 pm, Wed-Sun 10 am - 5 pm
When to Go:
Admission at the Contemporary Art Museum Chicago is Free on Tuesdays to Illinois residents.
- One of the largest contemporary art venues in the world.
- The Museum of Contemporary Art showcases exhibitions by world renowned artists
- Permanent Collection at the Contemporary Art Museum Chicago includes pieces by Andy Warhol and Jasper Johns
220 E Chicago Ave
Chicago, IL 60611
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Museum of Contemporary Art Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Museum of Contemporary Art Photos
Museum of Contemporary Art Hotel
Museum of Contemporary Art
Do you agree?
BOOK NOW to save on admission with the Go Chicago Card!
- Adult Price$12.00
- Senior Price$7
- Student Price$7
Features: One of the nation's largest facilities devoted to the art of our time, the Museum of Contemporary Art offers exhibitions of the most thought-provoking art created since 1945. The Museum documents contemporary visual culture through painting, sculpture, photography, video and film and performance. Located in a new building near the historic Water Tower in the heart of downtown Chicago, the Museum boasts a gift store, bookstore, 300-seat theater, and a terraced sculpture garden with a great view of Lake Michigan.
The Museum of Contemporary Art also features a restaurant. They teamed up with Wolfgang Puck to create Puck's at the MCA, an exciting dining destination in the heart of Chicago’s Magnificent Mile. Featuring a full-service restaurant and an express counter, Puck’s at the MCA presents diners with an eclectic menu that draws on Mediterranean and Asian influences and they have a Sunday brunch.
Why We Go: This huge art museum is perfect for anyone who appreciates modern art. The Museum of Contemporary Art in Chicago offers a plethora of renowned artists to explore and learn about as well as a swanky restaurant.
- Top Value: Tickets at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Chicago are reasonably priced anyway, but with free Tuesdays and kids always going free this Chicago museum is a great option for the budget savvy.
- Amazing Variety: With a stunning permanent collection and ever changing new exhibitions, there is something here for every type of modern art connoisseur to enjoy.
- Great Location: The Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago is located in downtown Chicago, so easily reachable from hotels and other top Chicago attractions.
Inside Knowledge: The Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago is less than a 20 minute walk away from Navy Pier, another very popular Chicago attraction.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Take Your Time: The Chicago Museum of Contemporary Art is massive, so make sure you leave enough time to truly appreciate its bountiful collections.
- Do Stay for Lunch: Wolfgang Puck's prestigious restaurant Puck's is located within the Chicago Museum of Contemporary Art.
- Don't Bring your Pooch: The Chicago Museum of Contemporary Art is a strictly no pet zone.
- Don't Go on a Monday: This Chicago art museum is always closed on Mondays.