Museum of Contemporary Art
Museum of Contemporary Art Events
Museum of Contemporary Art Information
Tue 10 am - 8 pm, Wed-Sun 10 am - 5 pm
When to Go:
Admission at the Contemporary Art Museum Chicago is Free on Tuesdays to Illinois residents.
- One of the largest contemporary art venues in the world.
- The Museum of Contemporary Art showcases exhibitions by world renowned artists
- Permanent Collection at the Contemporary Art Museum Chicago includes pieces by Andy Warhol and Jasper Johns.
- The museum is currently scheduled to be the only museum in the United States on the "David Bowie is..." world tour, the first international retrospective of the musician's five-decade career. It includes more than 300 items, like handwritten lyrics, original costumes, album artwork, set designs and performance materials. See the exhibit in Chciago from September 2014 to January 2015.
220 E Chicago Ave
Chicago, IL 60611
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Museum of Contemporary Art Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Museum of Contemporary Art Photos
Museum of Contemporary Art Hotel
Museum of Contemporary Art
Do you agree?
BOOK NOW to save on admission with the Go Chicago Card!
- Adult Price$12.00
- Senior Price$7
- Student Price$7
Features: One of the nation's largest facilities devoted to the art of our time, the Museum of Contemporary Art offers exhibitions of the most thought-provoking art created since 1945. The Museum documents contemporary visual culture through painting, sculpture, photography, video and film and performance. Located in a new building near the historic Water Tower in the heart of downtown Chicago, this Chicago museum boasts a gift store, bookstore, 300-seat theater, and a terraced sculpture garden with a great view of Lake Michigan.
The Museum of Contemporary Art also features a restaurant. They teamed up with Wolfgang Puck to create Puck's at the MCA, an exciting dining destination in the heart of Chicago’s Magnificent Mile. Featuring a full-service restaurant and an express counter, Puck’s at the MCA presents diners with an eclectic menu that draws on Mediterranean and Asian influences and they have a Sunday brunch.
Why We Go: This huge art museum is perfect for anyone who appreciates modern art. The Museum of Contemporary Art in Chicago offers a plethora of renowned artists to explore and learn about as well as a swanky restaurant.
- Top Value: Tickets at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Chicago are reasonably priced anyway, but with free Tuesdays and kids always going free this Chicago museum is a great option for the budget savvy.
- Amazing Variety: With a stunning permanent collection and ever changing new exhibitions, there is something here for every type of modern art connoisseur to enjoy.
- Great Location: The Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago is located in downtown Chicago, so easily reachable from hotels and other top Chicago attractions.
Inside Knowledge: The Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago is less than a 20 minute walk away from Navy Pier, another very popular Chicago attraction.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Take Your Time: The Chicago Museum of Contemporary Art is massive, so make sure you leave enough time to truly appreciate its bountiful collections.
- Do Stay for Lunch: Wolfgang Puck's prestigious restaurant Puck's is located within the Chicago Museum of Contemporary Art.
- Don't Forget to Save: There are a few great ways to save on admission and skip the lines! Check out the Go Chicago Card, or one of the pre-planned cards like the Chicago Museum Pass, and receive up to 55% off all of your favorite Chicago attractions, including this famous museum.
- Don't Go on a Monday: This Chicago art museum is always closed on Mondays.