Old Orchard Shopping Center
Old Orchard Shopping Center Information
- Opened in 1956, the Old Orchard Shopping Center was the prototype for outdoor shopping malls across America.
- The Old Orchard Mall recently underwent a $50 million expansion, making it the largest shopping mall in Illinois.
- Spanning an impressive 1.8 million-square feet, the Old Orchard Shopping Center is the perfect place for great Chicago shopping.
4999 Old Orchard Center
Skokie, IL 60077
Hours of Operation:
Mon - Sat: 10 am - 9 pm, Sun: 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
Old Orchard Shopping Center Events
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0% recommended it
Old Orchard Shopping Center Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Old Orchard Shopping Center
Do you agree?
There's Something For Everyone at Chicago's Largest Mall
$$$$ - High End
Features: The Old Orchard Shopping Center, located in Skokie north of Chicago, features Bloomingdale's, Lord & Taylor, Macy's, Nordstrom and Saks Fifth Avenue, plus a host of specialty stores featuring apparel for men, women and children, shoes, home furnishings, jewelery, gifts, galleries and much more. Services include hair salons, optical services, a tailor and a shoe repair. Dining options include a food court or a variety of full service restaurants - California Pizza Kitchen, Cheesecake Factory, Houlihan's and Maggiano's, just to name a few. When you're finished shopping, you can take in a movie at Old Orchard's Cinemas West 1-6 and Cinemas East 7-13.
The Old Orchard Mall was a prototype for the suburban shopping center when it opened in 1956. The Old Orchard Mall Skokie IL. changed the habits of the suburbanites, who no longer found it necessary to go downtown for fine shopping within a facility known for its garden-like atmosphere. During the 1980's, the center languished a bit, due in part to the economy but also resulting from the opening of major enclosed shopping malls. Old Orchard was redeveloped in the mid-1990's with a new design featuring welcoming places to sit, read, visit with friends, a number of fine restaurants, a large bookstore (Barnes & Noble), children's play area, a water garden and movie theaters within the mall. The size of the mall was doubled and new anchors, Nordstrom and Bloomingdale's, were added. Today, the Old Orchard Mall Skokie IL. remains a favorite shopping destination in Chicagoland.
Why We Go: Located just 30 minutes from Chicago's O'Hare Airport, and 20 minutes from downtown Chicago, the Old Orchard Shopping Center Skokie IL. is considered to be the largest mall in Illinois.
- Options Galore: With more than 110 stores, including Bloomingdale's, Macy's, and Nordstrom, the Old Orchard Shopping Center Skoki IL. is the place for great Chicago shopping.
- Family Parking: Expectant mothers and mother's with small children, rejoice! The Old Orchard Mall has "family parking spots" at the front of mall entrances to make shopping with kids easier.
Inside Knowledge: The Old Orchard Shopping Center has joined the eco-friendly bandwagon, and recently made important changes to "go green". The Chicago mall replaced all its light fixtures with energy-efficient bulbs, and each of the mall's maintenance vehicles are electric powered. Other green measures are in progress, including conducting research to see whether cooking oil from the mall restaurants can be turned into diesel fuel.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Shop Til You Drop: There are more than 110 upscale stores at the Old Orchard Mall Skokie IL. If you're short on time, or don't know where to start, the Chicago mall offers the services of a personal shopper who can find you everything that you need.
- Do Grab a Bite to Eat: From burgers to bagels, there's something for everyone at the Old Orchard Shopping Center. The Skokie mall boasts almost 20 different dining options, including popular favorites such as California Pizza Kitchen, The Cheesecake Factory, and Starbucks.
- Don't Just Shop, Relax!: After a long day of shopping, relax and unwind with a movie. The movie theater at the Old Orchard Mall has 13 different theaters, all showing the latest and greatest Hollywood blockbusters.
- Don't Forget the Sweater: Winter months at this Chicago outdoor mall can get chilly, so don't forget to dress warmly when shopping.
- In-Store Restaurant
- Kid Friendly
- Near Restaurants
- Parking Garage