Second City Theatre
Second City Theatre Events
Second City Theatre Information
Showtimes: Mon.- Tues. 8pm, Wed. 4pm & 8pm, Thurs. 8pm, Fri. 8pm & 11pm, Sat. 4pm, 8pm & 11pm, Sun. 1pm & 7pm
When to Go:
Friday and Saturday nights
10+; Recommended for teenagers over 16
Drop-in classes available.
- Second City Chicago is a hilarious Improv troupe that performs nightly at their famous Chicago theare.
- The Second City Theatre has been a launching point for America's funniest comedians for more than 50 years, and past alums include Dan Akroyd, Tina Fey and John Candy.
- Second City Chicago is a school for aspiring comedians and Improv players, and while there are three Second City locations in North America, Chicago Second City is the original.
- The Second City performs a total of seven shows each weekend, Fri.- Sat.
1616 North Wells St
Chicago, IL 60614
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 1 review
4.8 out of 5 Stars
100.0% recommended it
Second City Theatre Reviews
Second City Theatre Photos
Second City Theatre Hotel
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the attraction, but category representations. Visit the attraction's web site for actual photos.
Second City Theatre
Do you agree?
Famous Improv Ensemble and Theatre in Lincoln Park
Features: Since 1959, The Second City has established itself as a Chicago landmark and a national treasure. The theatre that launched the careers of such comic greats as John Belushi, Mike Myers, Bill Murray and Gilda Radner offers nightly comedy shows, as well as a variety of other programs and services.
The theatre has two resident stages: The Second City Mainstage, which seats 340 and The Second City e.t.c., which seats 180. Each theatre has a resident troupe that writes and performs an original comedy revue. The shows are smart, funny, and highly original.
The Second City Training Center operates a third theatre in the Piper's Alley complex on Wells Street called Donny's Skybox Studio Theatre. Donny's Skybox features an eclectic mix of student productions as well as other alternative shows. The Second City also has touring troupes that take our shows on the road, a Training Center that teaches improvisation, acting, writing, and other skills, and a corporate communications division that services the business world.
Be sure to check the Second City website for the current performance schedule.
Why We Go: The Second City Theatre is easily one of the most popular attractions in Chicago, and their gut-busting humor and impressive performance skills make a a hilarious evening in Chicago.
- Hilarious Improv: Using themes like "The Best Friggin' Time of Your Life" and "Fair & Unbalanced", the Second City Chicago ensemble uses their top-notch training and performance skills to bring you one of the funniest Chicago theater performances you'll ever see.
- Rising Stars: Dozens of famous comedians have been plucked from the Second City Chicago Theatre ranks. If someone catches your eye at the Second City Theatre, don't be surprised if you see them on Saturday Night Live in a couple of years ...
- Fun Atmosphere: From the fun and intimate interior, to the great live performances and appreciative audience, Second City Chicago Theatre shows are enjoyable for all ages and backgrounds.
Inside Knowledge: Weekday Second City Chicago Theatre shows are slightly less expensive, but you'll enjoy the best performances on their weekend shows, which highlight the Improv troupe's most talented ensemble.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Arrive Early: All seats at the Second City Theatre are general admission, so you'll want to arrive at least 30- 45 minutes before the show if you're hoping to score the best seats at this popular Chicago theatre.
- Do Go On a Date Night: If you're hoping to impress a special someone, the Second City Theatre is a great date night destination in Lincoln Park. After all, what beats a couple of drinks, lots of laughs, and a fun and intimate atmosphere?
- Don't Wait to Buy Tickets: Second City Chicago Theatre tickets are usually sold out weeks in advance, so make sure to buy your tickets before your vacation in Chicago.
- Don't Go Hungry: The Adobo Grill is a popular Mexican restaurant in Chicago next to the Second City Theatre, and gives theater-goers the opportunity to enjoy a great meal and authentic Margaritas before the show.