The Auditorium Theatre
The Auditorium Theatre Events
The Auditorium Theatre Information
When to Go:
Varies by show
Adams/Wabash Metra Station
Call box office for ticket pricing since it will vary depending on the show you're viewing and your seat selection.
- The Auditorium Chicago Theater offers a great variety of shows to its patrons.
- The Auditorium Chicago Theatre has a program for students, including special matinee performances and workshops.
- The Chicago Auditorium Theatre is a national historical Chicago landmark.
50 E. Congress Parkway
Chicago, IL 60605
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
The Auditorium Theatre Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
The Auditorium Theatre Photos
The Auditorium Theatre Hotel
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the attraction, but category representations. Visit the attraction's web site for actual photos.
The Auditorium Theatre
Do you agree?
Let Your Imagination Soar at the Chicago Auditorium Theatre
Features: The Auditorium Theatre of Roosevelt University, an independent not-for-profit organization, is committed to presenting the finest in international, cultural and community programming in Chicago, and to the continued restoration and preservation of the Historic National Landmark Theatre.
Opened in 1889 by famous architects Louis Sullivan and Dankmar Adler, the Auditorium's architectural ingenuity, perfect acoustics, technical versatility and sight-lines became internationally revered. The Auditorium building was the first multi-purpose building incorporating a hotel, offices and retail spaces along with the theatre, and one of the first public buildings to use newly developed modern technologies of its time: electric lighting and air-conditioning. There are hundreds of Sullivan’s intricate stencil patterns, ornate gilded and bas-relief designs and endless floor and wall mosaics. Radiant 24-karat gold-leafed ceiling arches and exquisite murals adorn the house of the theatre.
Check the Broadway in Chicago website for upcoming performances.
Why We Go: This ornate theatre, the Auditorium Chicago Theater provides patrons old and young an experience unlike any other. Theatre is designed to transport its audience to another world and the shows put on at the Auditorium Chicago Theatre are no exception. Come check out the spectacular shows within this historic and ornate building.
- Student Discounts: The Auditorium Chicago Theater provides a "student balcony package" with valid I.D. .
- Historical Landmark: The Auditorium Chicago Theatre was developed in the 1800s and designed by Frank Llyod Wright.
- Variety of Shows: The Auditorium Theatre offers arts patrons a huge variety of shows from Broadway Musicals, new dance company debuts, to plays, and concerts.
Inside Knowledge: Hands Together Heart to Art is a foundation created by the Chicago Auditorium Theatre in collaboration with Roosevelt University. The program targets children grieving the loss of one or both parents and gets them involved in the arts as a means of expression. This important program stresses self confidence and growth and employs talented performers and professional artists to assist in the running of this experience.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Admire the Artwork: The walls of the Auditorium Chicago Theater are adorned with murals and ornate gold leaf.
- Do Bring a Coat: The Auditorium Chicago Theatre can often get a bit chilly.
- Don't Forget to Research: The Auditorium Chicago Theater is a historic landmark, let history come alive for you.
- Don't Take the Car: The Auditorium Chicago Theatre is located in close proximity to a variety of public transit.