The Cadillac Palace Theatre
The Cadillac Palace Theatre Events
The Cadillac Palace Theatre Information
Showtimes: Tues.- Thurs. 7:30pm, Fri. 8pm, Sat. 2pm & 8pm, Sun. 2pm & 7:30pm
When to Go:
Varies based on show
Clark/lake (subway) (Blue Line); Clark/lake (elevated) (Brown Line, Green Line, Orange Line, Pink Line, Purple Line)
Advanced ticket purchase highly recommended
- The Cadillac Palace Theatre first opened in 1926, and was renovated in to the Cadillac Palace Theatre in 1999.
- Part of Broadway in Chicago, the Cadillac Palace Chicago Theatre hosts some of the best Broadway musicals, including Les Miserables, Phantom of the Opera and Wicked.
- The Cadillac Palace Theatre is located in The Loop of Downtown Chicago, and seats over 2,300 audience members.
151 West Randolph St
Chicago, IL 60601
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 1 review
3.5 out of 5 Stars
100.0% recommended it
The Cadillac Palace Theatre Reviews
The Cadillac Palace Theatre Photos
The Cadillac Palace Theatre Hotel
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the attraction, but category representations. Visit the attraction's web site for actual photos.
The Cadillac Palace Theatre
Do you agree?
Classy Chicago Theatre is Part of Broadway in Chicago
Features: The Palace Theatre opened at the corner of Randolph and LaSalle Streets in Chicago on October 4, 1926 and featured a breathtaking vision inspired by the palaces of Fontainebleau and Versailles. The theatre's distinctive characteristics included a lobby richly appointed in huge decorative mirrors and breche violet and white marble, which swept majestically through a succession of lobbies and foyers; great wall surfaces enhanced with gold leaf and wood decorations; and 2,500 plush, roomy seats.
The theatre was originally opened as the flagship of vaudeville's legendary Orpheum Circuit, and among the stars believed to have played the Palace in its early years are Jimmy Durante, Mae West, Jack Benny, Sophie Tucker and Bob Hope.
In 1931 the theatre was converted into a movie palace, initially presenting films with live stage shows, and then eventually showing only movies, but in the 1950's, Broadway shows were occasionally booked at the theater. In the mid-1980's the venue was called the Bismark Theater and featured rock concerts. In 1999, the theater was renovated, renamed to the Cadillac Palace, and returned to a performance theater when it premiered "Aida".
Check the Broadway in Chicago website for upcoming performances.
Why We Go: The Cadillac Palace Theatre gives Chicago theater enthusiasts the chance to see the most popular Broadway musicals from the convenience of Downtown Chicago.
- Great Shows: Top Broadway shows at the Cadillac Palace Theatre include classic and modern favorites, from The Lion King to The West Side Story.
- Elegant Interior: The Cadillac Palace has a classy, elegant interior that invokes old Chicago, giving each performance a classic and intimate vibe not found in every Chicago theatre.
- Surrounding Attractions: Before or after your favorite Broadway show at the Cadillac Palace, there are a number of great Chicago restaurants and bar options nearby. Make it a special evening with your significant other and enjoy Downtown Chicago fine-dining nearby, including the trendy Atwood Cafe and the 312 Chicago Italian Restaurant.
Inside Knowledge: Tickets at the Cadillac Palace Theatre are pricier than the average Chicago theatre. For other top Chicago theatre shows Downtown, check out our convenient list of Chicago Theaters.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Purchase Tix in Advance: The Cadillac Palace is one of the most popular Chicago theatres, and is regularly filled at or close to capacity. Purchase your tickets in advance to ensure your seat at these top Chicago theater shows in The Loop.
- Do Grab a Drink: There's an on-site bar with stiff drinks and cold beverages if you have some time to kill before the Cadillac Palace Theatre performance.
- Don't Dress Down: While the dress code has become considerably less strict at the Cadillac Palace Theatre, make a night of it and dress up a little when you enjoy the arts at this Chicago theatre in The Loop.
- Don't Worry About Where Your Seated: The Cadillac Palace Theatre Chicago is known for its intimate setting and great sight lines, so there's hardly a bad seat at this popular Chicago theatre Downtown.