Sightseeing from a Segway has all of the up-close and personal benefits of a walking tour without the…walking. Let the self-balancing Segway do the walking for you! If you can stand then you can absolutely ride a Segway, while enjoying the views and experiences that Chicago has to offer along the way. Glide effortlessly along the sidewalks of one of America’s favorite cities while hearing about
Tours initiate at two different locations including Millennium/Maggie Daley Park & North Avenue Beach, then cover various parts of the city, such as Lincoln Park, Gold Coast, Museum Campus, Navy Pier, Michigan Avenue,
Absolutely Chicago Segway Tour Types
Some of Absolutely Chicago’s best tours may include adventures such as:
- Chicago’s iconic 8-mile lakefront Museum Campus is certainly worth a visit. Begin with the colorful Grant Park and move along to some of Chicago’s best attractions.
- Architecture tours allow guests to learn about and view some of the incredible intricacies that make up Chicago’s world-famous skyline of buildings. Skyscrapers, fountains, statues, outdoor art installations and much more will be seen from Segways. Neo-classical, modern, postmodern art deco will all be incorporated, along with the famous architects within those styles.
- Fireworks tours are a special part of summer nights in Chicago featuring weekly displays that light up the night. Get a view of Buckingham fountain’s evening light show with the illuminated skyline as a backdrop. Glide along the lakefront to a secret spot for viewing the Navy Pier fireworks.
- Gangster tours make the history of Chicago’s infamous criminals come alive through visits to crime scenes, speakeasies and hangouts of some of the city’s most notorious mobsters. Visit places and hear true stories of these legendary gangsters including Al Capone, Sam Giancana, Tony Accardo and more.
- Specialty tours may be offered for various events and occasions throughout the year, such as haunted Halloween tours, student group tours, winter holiday walking tours, winter holiday lights Segway tours, and much more.
- Private Booking Tours can be custom created for groups of various sizes and may include activities such as scavenger hunts or educational tours for students.
What You’ll See on a Segway Tour
Views experienced by those participating in Absolutely Chicago Segway Tours will depend on which option is booked, but may include landmarks and attractions such as:
- Lakefront attractions including Navy Pier, Millennium Park, “The Bean” (Cloud Gate) and Maggie Daley Park
- Grant Park and Buckingham Fountain are both part of many tours
- Chicago’s famous skyline can be seen under the cover of darkness and lit up by fireworks during the Fireworks Tour
- Museum Campus tours include incredible views of Adler Planetarium, Field Museum, Soldier Field, Grant Park and Shedd Aquarium
- Lincoln Park and Gold Coast are part of a stunning tour that includes mansions, skyline views, the Lincoln Park Zoo, Astor Street much more in this North Chicago area of town
Absolutely Chicago Segway Tours Services
Absolutely Chicago Segway Tours offers standard Segway tours to the public. Privately booked tours may accommodate small or large groups for Segway, walking or SUV tours.
Absolutely Chicago Segway Tours Timing
Tours often last 2-3 hours and will usually end in the same place where they began. Summer is peak time and provides more tours each day. Winter tours may also be available but are scheduled less often.
Absolutely Chicago Segway Tours Considerations
Information you may be looking for prior to booking a tour with Absolutely Chicago:
- Children ages 12 years older and weighing 100 pounds or more may ride.
- Any rider under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Segways have adjustable handlebars to make rides safe and fun.
- All participants must wear protective helmets at all times.
- Certain health conditions may restrict participation.
- Group rate discounts may be available
- Participants should arrive at least 15 minutes prior to scheduled start time.
- Cell phone use is prohibited during Segway tours.
- Items such as wallets, small purses, cell phones and sunglasses may be stored in the small hard-shell storage pouch on the Segway. Fanny packs are recommended.
- Appropriate attire should be worn for cooler weather, and considering wind off the lake. Comfortable shoes are highly recommended. High-heels should be avoided.
- Photos are allowed and welcomes.
- Tours operate rain-or-shine. Ponchos are available. Heavy rain may cause cancellation or rescheduling.
- Cancellation may an option more than 36 hours prior to the tour. Check the website for more information.
- Parking options are available near both Absolutely Chicago locations. The company may provide a voucher to reduce the cost of day-of parking at certain garages.
Book an Absolutely Chicago Segway Tours
Tickets for Absolutely Chicago Segway Tours should be purchased in advance online. Tours often sell out. Booking with is easy online. Online bookings show weekly availability including tour times as well as revealing tours that are already sold out. Pay for your tour in advance with a credit card and receive an email with all of the information you need about where and when tours meet as well as what to expect.