Take in the scenery of Chicago on two wheels, with your choice of a bicycle or a Segway. Providing at least thirty different tours to view the city, Bike and Roll brings visitors into the heart of the Chicago with landmarks, attractions and cultural points of interest. Since Chicago has been voted the top bike-friendly city in the US for several years running, it stands to reason that Bike and Segway tourism is popular here!
Types of Bike and Roll Tours
Offering bicycle tours and Segway tours, Bike and Roll Chicago offers the largest selection of bicycles in the city. Tours typically begin at either Navy Pier or Millennium Park, two of Chicago’s must-see destinations.
More than 30 different options of tours are available, allowing riders to wander along the lakefront, through Chicago’s neighborhoods, around Lincoln Park, along Navy Pier, and even grab a view of the sunset or Chicago’s famous fireworks on summer nights.
What You’ll See on a Bike and Roll Tour
The beauty of bicycle and Segway tours is that they can take visitors to places where buses cannot. Plus, guests can get much farther than they could if they were walking. Depending on the specific tour chosen, adventures with Bike and Roll may include some of these fantastic sites throughout Chicago:
- Chicago’s Neighborhoods—get out of the tourist areas and find out what the locals are doing
- Breweries—Discover the city’s rich history of brewing beer by visiting Chinatown, the Prairie Mansion District and Pilsen, with a potential stop at Lagunita’s Taproom and Brewery
- Lincoln Park—visit the world-renowned zoo, Chicago’s lakefront beaches, Navy Pier and more with a blend of appreciation for nature and architecture
- Chicago at Night—enjoy some of the Windy City’s best attractions lit up at night, including Buckingham Fountain, Navy Pier and the entire skyline, ending with awe-inspiring fireworks to top off the night
- Skyscrapers—in a city so well-known for its iconic architecture, guests can get see and learn about some of Chicago’s famous buildings that were inspired by the devastation after the Great Fire of 1871
- Navy Pier—take a tour through Milton Olive Park with views of the North Side Skyline against Ohio Street Beach and Lake Michigan
If you enjoy Bike and Roll’s bicycle Brewery tour, then consider checking out the historic Chicago walking bar tour (i.e. pub crawl tour) offered by Chicago Detours.
Bike and Roll Services
Bicycle tours and Segway tours are offered by Bike and Roll, and the appropriate equipment is included in the price of the ticket. Bike and Roll Chicago also provides visitors and locals with bicycle rental options at Millennium Park, Navy Pier and Riverwalk.
Private tours and group events may be planned through Bike and Roll Chicago, whether based around bicycles, Segways or even food. Family reunions, corporate team-building events, birthdays and more can be custom created to suit individual needs. With a fleet of more than 500 bicycles, Bike and Roll can take care of almost any size group.
Bike and Roll Timing
Bike and Roll’s tour season typically runs in warmer weather, from May through September or October. Multiple tours are available each day, throughout the day, from morning until evening. Tours with fireworks may only run a couple of days a week or on special occasions.
Tours typically last from 2-4 hours and are graded based on difficulty.
Bike and Roll Considerations
Information and answers that may be needed prior to booking a tour with Bike and Roll:
- All Bike and Roll tour costs include necessary equipment rental such as bicycle and/or Segway and appropriate helmet.
- Segway tours typically begin at the Navy Pier location (700 Grand Avenue) or Millennium Park location (239 E Randolph Street).
- Guests should arrive at least 15 minutes prior to tour time to get fitted with equipment.
- Segway tours are appropriate for ages 12 and up.
- Bicycle tours may accommodate children under the age of 12 at a discounted rate (bikes are available for children 4’6” or taller; trailers are available for smaller children).
- Guests of the brewery tours must be 21 years of age or older.
- Tours may be cancelled by Bike and Roll for inclement weather or other reasons. Rescheduling will be attempted or refunds may be issued.
- Guests who cancel their tours at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled tour may be refunded minus a small service fee.
- Tour tickets include a bottle of water and small snack.
- Participants should weather-appropriate clothing. Sunscreen, sunglasses, and gloves may be purchased at the Bike and Roll site.
- Gratuities are happily accepted by tour guides for a job well done.
Book a Bike and Roll Tour
Tickets for Bike and Roll tours should be purchased in advance online. Tours often sell out. Booking with is easy online. Online bookings show weekly availability including tour times as well as revealing tours that are already sold out. Pay for your tour in advance with a credit card and receive an email with all of the information you need about where and when tours meet as well as what to expect.