Explore the windy city on one of the most convenient modes of transportation available—a Segway! Through City Segway Tours, guests can glide along from landmark to attraction with very little effort and the only requirement is that the participant be able to stand. Starting on Michigan avenue and visiting dozens of sights in the span of just a couple of hours has never been easier than with City Segway Tours. With small groups of guests and a knowledgeable guide, a Segway tour can be educational, informative and, most of all, loads of fun!
Offering tours of the Windy City for more than a decade, City Segway Tours also has locations in other cities in the US and Europe, including San Francisco, Washington D.C., New Orleans, Paris, Berlin and more.
Types of City Segway Tours
A variety of tours are offered by City Segway Tours, such as:
Segway tours allow visitors to glide about the city sidewalks while receiving an orientation that opens up well-known locations from history and cultural places from films or postcards. Learn new facts about Chicago through a live narration by a knowledgeable guide.
See the city in all of its sparkling glory on an evening Segway tour. Scheduled as the sun begins to set, evening tours focus on the experience of gliding through parks and seeing the way the city lights up at night.
A summer favorite, these tours are offered on a limited schedule, typically Wednesday and Saturday nights when the Navy Pier fireworks presentation is active.
Skydeck Combination Tours
Soar through the city on a two-wheeled tour and then go up, up, up! The Willis Tower Skydeck Ledge allows visitors to enjoy a 360-degree, panoramic view that spans over 50 miles and encompasses four states. Try this tour in the evening to see the city sparkle against the background of the night.
Enjoying Chicago’s culture means participating in its plethora of food offerings. Foodies can combine a Segway Tour with visits to restaurants, taking in various cuisine such as deep-dish pizza, Chicago-style hot dogs, Italian beef sandwiches, Garrett’s Popcorn, gourmet chocolate or many other options. Combine your love for the city’s culture and food with a breezy tour on a two-wheeled people mover!
For groups who are interested in private outings, City Segway Tours offer customizable creations that allow for groups of up to 8 (or larger, if split) to enjoy an intimate view of Chicago. Whether for corporate events, family gatherings, or other groups, private tours ensure that groups have their own guides. Outings can be tailored specifically based on the needs of the group.
What You’ll See on a City Segway Tours
Sights and attractions may vary based on the tour booked, but participants with City Segway Tours may see:
- Chicago’s Iconic Skyline
- Adler Planetarium
- Buckingham Fountain and Grant Park
- The Field Museum
- Lake Michigan Lakefront with Monroe Harbor
- Millennium Park and Cloud Gate (“The Bean”)
- Shedd Aquarium
- Soldier Field
- Michigan Avenue
- The Magnificent Mile
- Wrigley Building
- Tribune Tower
- Chicago Water Tower
- Old Town’s Wells Street
City Segway Tours provides standard public tours on Segway machines throughout the center of Chicago.
City Segway Tours Timing
Tours last between 2 and 3 hours and are offered in the morning, afternoon and evening throughout the warmer months.
City Segway Tours Considerations
Things you might be wondering about City Segway Tours in Chicago:
- All tours meet at the City Segway Tours office at the south end of Grant Park: 910 S Michigan Avenue, Suite 130.
- Participants must be at least 12 year of age or older and weight at least 100 pounds (but no more than 260 pounds). Minors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Tours operate in groups of just 8 people or fewer to provide the most intimate setting and access to the tour guide.
- Guests should arrive at least 15 minutes prior to tour departure time to complete paperwork.
- Tours are offered only in English.
- Pregnant women are not allowed to join tours for safety reasons.
- Full refunds are available for tour cancellations with more than 24 hours’ notice.
- Tours run rain-or-shine. Free ponchos are given out by guides in case of rain.
- The Columbia Plaza parking garage is the closest available to the site. Street parking is not recommended as it is often limited to 2 hours.
For other Segway Tour options in Chicago, consider Absolutely Chicago Segway Tours.
Book a City Segway Tours
Tickets for City Segway Tours should be purchased in advance online. Tours often sell out. Booking is easy online. Online bookings show weekly availability including tour times as well as revealing tours that are already sold out. Pay for your tour in advance with a credit card and receive an email with all of the information you need about where and when tours meet as well as what to expect.