Chicago Shakespeare Theater
Chicago Shakespeare Theater Events
Chicago Shakespeare Theater Information
Showtimes vary per production
When to Go:
Productions perform all year round
- Renowned: The Chicago Shakespeare Theater has won many awards and has an excellent reputation for putting on world class productions.
- Educational: Experience and appreciate for yourself the many splendors of Shakespeare's masterpieces.
- Not Just Shakespeare: Even if Shakespeare isn't your cup of tea, the Chicago Shakespeare Theater regularly puts on plays by other playwrights.
800 E Grand Ave
Chicago, IL 60611
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Chicago Shakespeare Theater Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Chicago Shakespeare Theater Photos
Chicago Shakespeare Theater Hotel
Chicago Shakespeare Theater
Do you agree?
Enjoy a Night of Cultural Entertainment at the award winning Chicago Shakespeare Theater
Features: Chicago Shakespeare Theater is one of the fastest-growing producing and presenting theater institutions in America today. The Theater has achieved its reputation for consistently high production values and artistic standards. In addition to its acclaimed productions of William Shakespeare's canon, the Theater presents work of the highest quality by some of the most distinguished American and international playwrights and directors. The theater is grounded in a dedication to quality, clarity and integrity, which are the hallmarks of each of its productions, from Shakespeare to Sondheim.
Prominently situated on Navy Pier, the Shakespeare Theater includes a 500-seat courtyard theater and a 200-seat flexible black box theater. Arrive early at the Theater to enjoy a pre-show program with members of the cast or a scholar, have a pint at The Pub or browse in The Bookstall. Before or after the show, you may want to stop at a restaurant on Navy Pier.
Check their website for current performances.
Why We Go: Indulge in some highbrow entertainment at the Shakespeare Theater Chicago. This renowned theater and production company allows you to experience Shakespeare's masterworks at their finest.
- Culture: If you are looking for some sophisticated means of entertainment on your next trip to Chicago, look no further than the Shakespeare Theater Chicago. This Tony winning theater and company is famous for putting on top notch productions.
- Location: Located at the Navy Pier this Chicago theater is the perfect way to spend an evening after a day of sight-seeing.
- Convenient Amenities: The Shakespeare Theater Chicago provides "The English Pub" serving top quality English ales as well as many other popular beverages. Theater goers can also enjoy an on-site gift shop ideal for browsing during the intermission or before and after the show.
Inside Knowledge: The Chicago Shakespeare Theater offers "Pub Cast Calls" for many performances which allows audience members to meet and engage with cast members at "The English Pub" before the play begins. Call the Shakespeare Chicago Theater at 312. 595. 5600 for more information.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Book in Advance: The best seats of the house sell out quickly, so for prime seating at the Shakespeare Theater Chicago book early.
- Do Have Dinner: The Navy Pier hosts a multitude of restaurants, bars and bistros so make the most of your visit to the Shakespeare Theater Chicago by having dinner before or after the show.
- Don't Go Uninformed: The majority of Shakespeare plays showcased at this Theater in Chicago are performed in old English so if you aren't familliar with the play you may want to look up a sypnosis or summary before you go.
- Don't Only Expect Shakespeare: Even if Shakespeare in Chicago isn't your thing, you can still enjoy a night out at this Theater in Chicago. The Chicago Shakespeare Theater puts on several non Shakespeare plays and even contemporary plays throughout the year.