Best Chicago Restaurants Near Michigan Ave
North Michigan Ave
After an exhausting day of shopping on Michigan Ave, find one of the best Chicago restaurants near Michigan Ave for a revitalizing (or coma inducing) meal. There is no shortage of places to shop on Magnificent Mile and the options for good eats is no different. Some of the top Chicago restaurants are near Michigan Ave. Here are some of our favorites near North Michigan Ave.
- Billy Goat Tavern: John Belushi gave this joint Saturday Night Live fame when he emulated Billy Goat Tavern's cashier to cook communication. "Cheezborger. Cheezborger. Cheezborger." If you're on the Magnificent Mile, head into this historic Chicago burger joint for a cheezborger and a beer.
- The Purple Pig: This local ode to swine is one of the best restaurants in Chicago near Michigan Ave. Braised pork, pig ears and of course bacon are all on the menu. Also on the menu, a fine assortment of wines.
- Michael Jordan's Steak House: Chicago, Michael Jordan and good steak all come together at Michael Jordan's Steak House. Make sure to bring the big bucks though. These steaks aren't cheap, but they are tender and delicious.
South Michigan Ave
While North Michigan Ave may be the more popular stop, it's highly possibly you could find yourself on the southern end. If you end up south of the river on Michigan Ave and find yourself hungry, don't worry: South Michigan Ave has plenty of great eats. Check out three of the best restaurants in Chicago near South Michigan Ave.
- Buddy Guy's Legends: For food, drinks and good blues music, Buddy Guy's Legends is the spot. Get yourself some crispy chicken wings and enjoy this joint's great vibe. Maybe Buddy Guy will even do a number or two if he's around!
- The Gage: This trendy gastropub on South Michigan Ave is a perfect stop for good eats and good drinks. Try beers from a variety of micro-breweries and dig into one of the Gage's delicious menu items. We recommend the mussels! This is one of the swankier restaurants in Chicago near Michigan Ave.
- Russian Tea Time: Take a dive into Russian culture at Russian Tea Time. If you've never tried Russian food before, you'll love this unique experience. Don't forget to do vodka flights in the true Russian fashion. Na Zdorovie!
More Eats Near Michigan Ave
In case we've failed to tickle your fancy, here are more of the best Chicago restaurants near Michigan Ave.
- Portillo's Hot Dogs: Grab yourself a Chicago hot dog at Portillo's Hot Dogs. Piled with toppings, these bad boys will fill you right up. And while you're at it, grab yourself a milkshake! They're some of the best of any restaurants in Chicago near Michigan Ave.
- Oasis Cafe: Middle Eastern food is the specialty at the Oasis Cafe. The hummus and falafel here will honestly blow your mind! This gem is well-hidden in the back of a jewelry mall on North Wabash near Michigan Ave, so keep your eyes peeled.
- Potbelly's Sandwich Works: Forget Subway and Quizno's. Add Potbelly's to the best Chicago restaurants near Michigan Ave. These filling subs are made fresh, delicious and super cheap! If you're looking for a quicker, yet still uniquely delicious, dining option, this is it.
- Volare: Italian food has never been better than at Volare. Order gnocchis with vodka sauce or the risotto for a lip-smacking good meal. The service at Volare is also particularly good, so you'll feel warm and welcome as you sit down to eat.
Michael Jordan's Steak House
SteakhouseLocated in Magnificent Mile BrunchBusiness DiningCateringDeliveryHappy HourHealthy OptionsKid FriendlyWaterfront
Cost Per MealDetails
FrenchLocated in Near North BrunchBusiness DiningCateringDeliveryHappy HourHealthy OptionsKid FriendlyWaterfront
Cost Per MealDetails
There are tons of things to do in Chicago, but visiting Michigan Ave is one of the top priorities for many people. While you're out shopping the Magnificent Mile, enjoy some of the best Chicago restaurants near Michigan Ave. It doesn't matter if you're all the way up north, or below the river on South Michigan - there are plenty of awesome options for a bite to eat all up and down Michigan Ave.
If you're not in the area for shopping, you can often see many of the great sights in the area and enjoy the food on one of the famous Chicago food tours! Chicago locals will take you around to some of their favorite spots to sample a little (or lot) of everything around here. It can be way better than eating at just one place every meal, because you can really experience the whole city! What's even better is that many offer Chicago tour deals to make your dining even more affordable!
Grab a sandwich, some steak or a falafel. There's no shortage of choices in Chicago. For more restaurants in Chicago near Michigan Ave and anywhere else in the city, make sure to check out Chicago Traveler. And be sure to give a look over all the current Chicago deals. There could be savings that you can take advantage of!