Things to Do in Chicago | Find What to Do in Chicago | Chicago Sights
Top Things to do
- Chicago Shows: There is nothing quite like a night out to a show in Chicago. With so many shows to choose from, get out and enjoy the amazing things Chicago has to offer! Laugh it up at The Second City, one of Chicago's funniest comedy groups.
- Chicago Museums: The Windy City has some of the top museums in the world. The Art Institute of Chicago features recognizable works like Grant Wood's American Gothic and Seurat's Sunday Afternoon. The Field Museum of Natural History is most well-known for the world's most complete T-Rex, Sue, but they have tons exhibits the whole family will enjoy. Try the Chicago Go Card for best deals on museums.
- Chicago Beaches: North Avenue Beach is located near the historic neighborhood of Lincoln Park, and is a good beach to check out as a traveler. Bring your dog to the Montrose Dog Beach for a fun afternoon off the leash!
- Magnificent Mile: The go-to Chicago destination for shopping and delicious restaurants, a trip to the Magnificent Mile needs to be squeezed into any Windy City trip itinerary. Window shop at some of the high-end stores like Prada or Burberry and then grab a bite to eat at any of the tasty spots in the area.
A lot of work goes into planning a trip to Chicago! Where should you go? What should you do? Who should come with? We know how many questions you have going into your next trip, and we have answers that cover all the bases!
The Top 10 Sights in Chicago: Dwindling down all of Chicago's most popular attractions into a top 10 list makes it easy for you to decide where to go in Chicago, and how to save while you're there.
25 Fun Things to do with Your Kids in Chicago Before They Grow Up: Chicago is one of the best destinations for families, and there are so many fun and exciting things you're going to want to try here with the kids while they're still young!
9 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Chicago: Want to get to know the Windy City on a more personal level? Here's some city secrets...
Fun Things to do in Chicago When It's Raining: Don't let the rain put a damper on your vacation! If it starts to pour, you can still tour... Or check out museums, shop, dine and more!
Take a ride out on Chicago waters during fun boat tours! For a cool way to see the Windy City, taking Chicago boat tours can let you enjoy the pretty outdoors, fresh air and exciting experience of being on a boat. Boat tours in Chicago can be especially romantic in the evenings, when lovebirds can view the sunset from aboard a boat.
If you're traveling to Chicago, you've probably heard that the food is pretty amazing - and you've heard right! There are plenty of excellent Chicago food tours to pick from including highly rated Tastebud Food Tours which offers guests a memorable Chicago-style culinary experience at a leisurely pace. With Chicago Food Planet Tours, you’ll enjoy 3-hour tours full of tasty eats thru interesting neighborhoods, discover local mom-and-pop shops, incredible ethnic restaurants, and eateries with comfort food done right!
Who says you have to break the bank to visit Chicago? If you've been dreaming about it and are determined to visit the Windy City, Chicago tour deals will give you the ability to see and do more - for less money! If you'd like to see the city with a helpful tour guide rather than trying to figure out where to go and what to do on your own, be sure to check out Chicago tour deals to save yourself money.
Pritzker Pavilion Chicago Located in Millennium Park offArtsyoffGrant ParkoffFamily FriendlyoffoffoffNightlifeSights of ChicagooffScenicoffoffoff
Thing to do
Illinois Holocaust Museum Located in Skokie offoffoffoffCulturalFamily FriendlyHistoricoffMuseumoffoffoffoffoffoffoff
Thing to do
Bike and Roll Chicago Located in Millennium Park ActiveoffoffoffoffFamily FriendlyoffoffoffoffSights of ChicagooffScenicoffoffoff
Thing to do
Best Things to Do in Chicago
1. Explore Lincoln Park Zoo. Take advantage of the free prices of the this fantastic zoo, where visitors can even feed the animals at a petting zoo.
2. Dip your feet in the fountain at Millennium Park. A popular destination for locals and tourists alike during the warmer months, the fountain at Millennium park is both entertaining to watch and refreshing.
3. Go on a Walking Tour. Summer is the perfect time for a walking tour of Chicago, whether you decide to take an architecture tour, food tour or fun biking tour of the city.
4. Spend some time out of the sun at a museum. Art lovers should not miss the Art Institute of Chicago, while science fanatics should check out the Adler Planetarium and the Field Museum of Natural History.
5. Catch a game at Wrigley Field. Baseball and summer go hand in hand, and attending a game at historic Wrigley Field is one of the best ways to spend a summer afternoon or evening.
6. Cool off on a Chicago Boat Cruise. Boat tours are one of the top ways to learn about the Windy City while enjoying a serene day or evening out on the water for some relief from the Chicago heat.
7. Witness some marine life at the Shedd Aquarium. This famous Chicago attraction is an excellent spot for getting up close and personal with dolphins, eels, fish and more.
8. Be a kid again at Navy Pier. Nothing quite beats spending time on a boardwalk in the summer, and Navy Pier is the go-to destination in the Windy City to do just that. Be sure to get some cotton candy and ride the ferris wheel for breathtaking views of the Chicago skyline.
Don't Miss Out on Savings!
Every Chicago Traveler can save big when they plan their trip here! Not only can Chicago Traveler help you find the best things to do during your visit, you can find ways to spend less on every activity so that you can afford to do more! Try the Chicago Go Card, the best way to save on all the incredible attractions in Chicago. Be sure to check out all of the Chicago Tour Deals that can save you on all the boat tours, food tours, walking tours and more! We also have plenty of discounts to top Chicago attractions, whether you're spending your time in the museums or out at Navy Pier!
All these activities can make you pretty tired by the end of the day though, so make sure to choose the best hotel in Chicago for your trip, but not before you check out all the current Chicago hotel deals to save you big! Chicago hotels often offer package deals to get you a discounted rate on your stay as well as discounted admission to top attractions, shopping deals and more!
You'll never run out of things to do in Chicago, and Chicago Traveler is here to help you save on them all!