A beautiful city when experienced from the ground, Chicago’s sights go above and beyond expectations when a helicopter takes you soaring overhead. With state-of-the-art helicopters, guests can experience unparalleled, panoramic views of one of the world’s best skylines. Whether through a daytime tour that captures a full view, or a stunning nighttime experience that lights up the night, Chicago Helicopter Experience has been offering its brand of one-of-a-kind thrills since 2011.
With a fleet of five luxury helicopters that feature Bose noise-cancelling sound systems and large viewing windows, Chicago Helicopter Experience has flown more than 60,000 flights above Chicago. Huge windows allow visitors to commemorate their experience over 24 miles with plenty of photos from a unique perspective. Live narrated tours provide guests with information and educational opportunities to better understand the architecture and culture of the city of Chicago.
Types of Chicago Helicopter Experience Tours
City Sights daytime tours allow for full views of the beautiful city in all four seasons. Participate in an epic journey in groups of 2-6 people while flying over some of the most popular attractions located on Chicago’s unparalleled cityscape.
City Lights tours in the evening provide magical views that will take your breath away. See the glimmering lights of Buckingham Fountain’s summer show, or be dazzled by Michigan Avenue’s holiday lights in winter.
For a date like no other, enjoy an experience for two that will rock your world! Enjoy spectacular views from above on an evening (non-private) flight. Then add on to the perfect night with craft cocktails and dinner at a local gastro-tavern. The combination makes for one unforgettable night out!
Private Events hosted by Chicago Helicopter Experience bring true excitement. Group tours, company events, private charters and more can be custom arranged to meet specific needs. Offering a prestigious experience for guests, the company will handle details (catering, music, transportation, etc.) to make events even more special and personalized.
What You’ll See on a Chicago Helicopter Experience Tour
Panoramic views of the Windy City on this helicopter experience may include:
- Chicago’s iconic skyline
- Lake Shore Drive and the Magnificent Mile
- Various iconic skyscrapers such as Willis Tower (Sears Tower) and John Hancock Building
- Landmark buildings and monuments such as Soldier Field, Wrigley Field and Buckingham Fountain
- Navy Pier and Lake Michigan shoreline
Chicago Helicopter Experience Services
Standard services offered by Chicago Helicopter Experience include public helicopter flights including information narrative. Private experience charters are also offered.
Chicago Helicopter Experience also provides transfers to and from the city through their charter transportation service.
Chicago Helicopter Experience Timing
Chicago Helicopter Experience Tours operate year-round with tours scheduled seven days a week. Daytime tours begin around 9am and run throughout the day, ending one hour prior to sunset. City Lights evening tours begin 1 hour prior to sunset and typically run until 10pm.
Chicago Helicopter Experience Considerations
Things you may need to know before or after booking a Chicago Helicopter Experience:
- The entire experience is 1 hour with 15 minutes spent in the air traveling around 25 miles.
- Pilots provide live narration about landmarks and buildings as well as insight into Chicago’s history and culture.
- Helicopter tours depart from the downtown heliport, just minutes from The Loop, at 2420 S Halsted Street.
- While waiting for their own departure time, guests can enjoy the 6000 square foot Customer Experience Center, filled with Chicago facts, a flight simulator and many other interactive games.
- In addition, prior to departure guests can watch through large windows as other guests take off on their flights.
- A safety briefing is required for all passengers prior to departure.
- Noise-canceling sound system and leather seats make the helicopter comfortable.
- Helicopters are climate controlled for the most enjoyment and comfort.
- UP to 6 people can fit comfortably on each flight, in addition to the pilot.
- Children must be at least 3 years of age to fly and anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Date night accommodations include a non-private evening flight for two followed by a voucher to a local pub.
- Weather conditions considered unsafe for flying may result in rescheduling flights (at no extra cost).
- Cameras and photos are not only allowed but are encouraged.
- For safety reasons, all passengers must be weighed prior to departure. Passengers weighing more than 250 pounds may be asked to upgrade to a comfort seat.
- Free parking is available onsite at the Chicago Helicopter Experience heliport.
- Booking ahead is recommended, but same day bookings and walk-ins are welcome as schedules allow.
- Chicago Helicopter Experience is the city’s only FAA certified helicopter tour and transportation company.
Book a Chicago Helicopter Experience Tour
Tickets for Chicago Helicopter Experience should be purchased in advance online. Tours often sell out. Online bookings show weekly availability including tour times as well as revealing tours that are already sold out. Pay for your tour in advance with a credit card and receive an email with all of the information you need about where and when tours meet as well as what to expect.