Enjoy Chicagoland from a rarely-seen perspective as the sprawling city spreads out spectacularly below. Panoramic views of the lakefront, skyscrapers, monuments, parks and all that Chicagoland has to offer are on display from this remarkable point of view. Whether enjoying the beauty of the city during the day or lit up at night, you’ll skim over landmarks and attractions that look completely different than when you’re viewing them from the sidewalk!
Operating helicopters in both Chicago and San Francisco, Rotor Zen provides scenic flights with state-of-the-art equipment and breath-taking city views. Guests are provided with an informative commentary from the pilot through two-way headsets, while relaxing on a comfortable journey with groups of between two and four passengers. Chicago’s significance as one of the most architecturally significant cities in the world makes it a perfect choice for an aerial view with a tremendous amount of detail.
Types of Rotor Zen Helicopter Tours
Tours provided by Rotor Zen may include experiences such as:
Daytime tours allow guests to get a bird’s eye view of one of the best skylines in the world. Fly over the city for 15-minutes on a hi-tech helicopter while admiring stellar views of Lake Michigan and iconic sights such as Millennium Park, Navy Pier and so much more. Along the way, the pilot will share interesting information and details about Chicago landmarks and cultural points of interest. Pilots are also happy to answer questions to make the experience one-of-a kind.
Evening tours provide passengers with the unique opportunity to view Chicago as it is all lit up. Summertime brings a spectacular view of the Buckingham Fountain light show and other incredible sights. Depending on timing, guests may catch a spectacular view of the sunset over the city.
Privately chartered flights are available through Roto Zen, meeting customized requests for a romantic outing, family excursion or other type of event appropriate for locals and tourists alike.
What You’ll See on a Rotor Zen Helicopter Tour
Rotor Zen helicopter tours provide unparalleled, detailed views over the Windy City, including sights such as:
- Navy Pier
- Willis Tower (formerly Sears Tower)
- John Hancock Center
- Lake Michigan
- Solider Field –home of the Chicago Bears
- The Lincoln Park Zoo
- The United Center –home of the Chicago Bulls & Chicago Blackhawks
- Millennium Park including the iconic Cloud Gate sculpture
- Grant Park with Buckingham Fountain
- Shedd Aquarium and Field Museum
- Wrigley Field (when the Cubs are not playing)
Rotor Zen Helicopters Services
Rotor Zen provides standard public helicopter tours for small groups of between two and four passengers. Private tours and charters may also be scheduled for a personalized, custom experience or for shuttling between locations.
Private access is available for those requiring for commercial services, such as photo flights, film work, flight instructions, surveying and other services.
Rotor Zen Helicopter Tour Timing
Rotor Zen Helicopters provides public access and private tours seven days a week all year long. Hours of operation are from 9am to 10pm. Rides typically last between 15 and 30 minutes in the air (depending on booking choices) and are normally scheduled to leave every hour, on the hour from 9am to 4pm. Private tours and other services may be timed to meet specific needs.
Rotor Zen Helicopters Considerations
Information you may need to know prior to booking a helicopter experience with Rotorzen:
- Children ages 5 and over are welcome on the tour when accompanied by an adult. Lap-held children are not allowed.
- Hi-tech helicopters are equipped with heat, two-way headsets and other amenities.
- Tours last between 15 and 30 minutes in the air depending on chosen services.
- Routes may change depending on air traffic.
- Rotor Zen operates from Vertiport Chicago, a landing pad located at 1339 S Wood Street.
- For security reasons, all passengers must have valid passport or other government issued identification.
- Passengers weighing over 300 pounds may need to make special arrangements for safety purposes.
- Free parking is provided at the Vertiport Chicago heliport parking lot.
- Guest should wear comfortable clothing and sunglasses, as appropriate.
- If cancellations are made by the pilot due to inclement weather, no charge will be made to reschedule.
- Passengers who need to reschedule booking should contact Rotor Zen within 14 days of the scheduled flight.
- Last minute schedule changes and no-shows may not be refunded or rescheduled.
- Rotor Zen is a member of the Helicopter Association International.
Book a Rotor Zen Helicopters
Tickets for Rotor Zen Helicopters should be purchased in advance online. Tours often sell out. Booking is easy online. Online bookings show weekly availability including tour times as well as revealing tours that are already sold out. Pay for your tour in advance with a credit card and receive an email with all of the information you need about where and when tours meet as well as what to expect.
Leave a Reply