Grant Park Events
Grant Park Information
When to Go:
Grant Park extends over 300 acres.
- Chicago Grant Park is the biggest public park in Chicago.
- Grant Park IL is situated between Lake Michigan and Downtown Chicago.
- Popular Chicago attractions in Grant Park include the beautiful Buckingham Fountain and the Field Museum of Chicago.
- Grant Park festivals include the annual Lollapalooza Music Festival and the Chicago Blues Festival.
Jackson Drive & Columbus Drive
Chicago, IL 60605
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 2 reviews
4.2 out of 5 Stars
100.0% recommended it
Grant Park Reviews
Grant Park Photos
Grant Park Hotel
Do you agree?
Chicago's Biggest Park Hosts Some of its Best Festivals
This activity is FREE!
- Outdoor Activities: Popular outdoor activities that take place every day at Chicago Grant Park IL include touring the beautiful statues and Chicago attractions scattered throughout this popular park, and there is plenty of room for Frisbee, running and working on your tan.
- Chicago Museums: Popular Chicago museums located at Chicago Grant Park IL include the Adler Planetarium Chicago, the Art Institute of Chicago and the Chicago Children's Museum has plans to move into this spacious Chicago park.
- Scenery: With the iconic Chicago skyline situated West, and the boats and activities on Lake Michigan facing East, Chicago Grant Park IL is easily the most scenic Chicago park Downtown.
Inside Knowledge: Another popular Grant Park festival - The Taste of Chicago - takes place from the final week of June and into early Jule annually, and features free admission, delicious Chicago food from the best Chicago restaurants, and great Chicago musical acts each day.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Bring the Kids: Whether you're enjoying a scenic stroll with the young ones, blowing bubbles on the mall campus, or taking your kids to one of the many Grant Park festivals suitable for kids, Grant Park IL offers plenty of room for some of the best family activities in Chicago.
- Do Take a Walk: Walkways are wide at Chicago Grant Park, and if you or your family gets tired, there are several benches and shaded areas great for resting in Grant Park Chicago IL.
- Don't Worry if Nature Calls: Convenient for families touring this scenic Chicago attraction, there are a number of restroom facilities scattered throughout Grant Park IL.
- Don't Forget the History: Chicago Grant Park hosted one of the most historic moments in American history, providing the grounds for President Barack Obama's Election Day victory speech on Nov. 4, 2008. Chicago Grant Park also hosted Pope John Paul II for an outdoor mass in the 1970's and was the scene for a number of victory celebrations for Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls.