Started by a tour guide, owned by a tour guide and managed by tour guides, Steve’s Segway Tours puts their heart and soul into each guests experience of the Windy City. Enjoy a day gliding along the sidewalks and paths of Chicago, experiencing landmarks and iconic sights while hearing interesting stories and facts from engaging guides about the city’s history and culture.
Hop onto a two-wheeled, self-balancing machine and make your way through scenic parks, the lakefront and other paths of the city at a safe, easy-going pace. Take in a view of the Museum Campus with important attractions such as Millennium Park or Grant Park, or go on an architectural exploration of downtown and the Loop. Steve’s Segway Tours is a locally owned and operated company that works hard to cater to the needs of individuals through their tour offerings.
Types of Steve’s Segway Tours
Steve’s has a broad array of tours to meet the interests of almost anyone visiting (or living in!) the Chicago area, such as:
Conducted by architecture experts, these tours take small groups to glide around the Loop and along the new Riverwalk with narration and discussion about the inspiring architecture of America’s Second City.
Lakefront/Museum Campus Tours
Enjoy soaring through Grant Park, Buckingham Fountain, Millennium Park and Museum Campus to enjoy some of the unique buildings and attractions along the lakefront. Take this tour in the evening to experience the spectacular views of the Windy City lit up at night.
Riding along the Chicago River Riverwalk and then enjoy a journey to some of the best art galleries in the River North area. Explore in the neighborhoods on the north side of town and roll by the Lincoln Park Zoo.
Exploring infamous paranormal happenings throughout Chicago’s eerie history. Throughout the narrated tour, the guide shares ghost stories that turn tragic events into supernatural visitations.
These shortened evening tours are scheduled twice a week throughout the summer to coincide with the Navy Pier fireworks display.
Even when the weather is cold, Segway tours can be fun as long as guests are warmly dressed! Enjoy a shorter tour in the evening and enjoy a stop for a cup of hot chocolate to warm up.
Certain tours take in not only the standard activities but also other types of fun like scavenger hunts. Many people take advantage of the Design-Your-Own-Tour option, while others want to use the “Red Key” button that takes the Segway to top speed.
For small groups who are looking for more control over their route, how much time they spend at each stop or which neighborhoods are visited, a private tour is a perfect option.
What You’ll See on a Steve’s Segway Tours
Depending on the specific tour chosen, participants on Steve’s Segway Tours may experience the sights and sounds of:
- Millennium Park—the location of Cloud Gate (“the Bean”)
- Grant Park and Buckingham Fountain
- Lake Michigan lakeshore and beaches
- Museum Campus: Adler Planetarium, The Field Museum, Shedd Aquarium, etc.
- Chicago Riverwalk
- The Loop and downtown
- River/North with art galleries
- Lincoln Park neighborhoods
Steve’s Segway Tours Services
Standard services provided by the company include Segway Tours open to the public or for private group bookings.
Steve’s Segway Tours Timing
Steve’s Segway Tours are typically scheduled to last for 2-3 hours. Tours are booked all year long, but the most popular season is between April and November.
Steve’s Segway Tours Considerations
Information you may need prior to going on an outing with Steve’s Segway Tours:
- Steve’s Segway Tour office is located at 155 N Harbor Drive.
- Guests should bring along sunscreen, sunglasses, a camera, and sweater or sweatshirt for cooler weather.
- Standing for the entire tour means that participant should wear comfortable shoes.
- Tours are conducted rain-or-shine. Guests should dress appropriately for the weather.
- Rain ponchos may be purchased for a small fee.
- Rescheduling may be possible due to inclement weather.
- There is no specific height requirement, but participants must be able to reach the handlebars as their lowest setting.
- Minimum weight for riding a Segway is around 50 pounds and the maximum weight limit is 350 pounds.
- Tours booked in advance may be cancelled up to 72 hours prior to the scheduled dates of the tour, with a small processing fee.
- Each tour receives ample training before leaving. Arriving 15-30 minutes prior to scheduled time is ideal.
- Parking is available to 400 E Randolph. Discounted validation is available through Steve’s.
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult and have a waiver signed by parents.
Book a Steve’s Segway Tours
Booking a Segway tour with Steve’s is easy by phone or online.